ABB AV Series Pneumatic and Electro-Pneumatic Valve Positioners
ABB's line of pneumatic valve and cylinder positioners consist of the AV1, AV2, AV3 and AV4 series. These are the current models of the Bailey (Bailey Controls, Bailey Fischer & Porter} series of positioners.
The Series consists of four models:
The AV2 accepts a 4-20ma input and will Fail Safe (open or close) on loss of signal
The AV3 accepts a 4-2ma input and will fail in place (hold last position) on loss of signal
The AV4 accepts a pulse input and will fail in place on lose of signal.
The AV27 is a positioner for hazardous areas that accepts a 4-20ma signal via an explosion proof I/P
The AV series are all made in the USA and there are a number of conversion kits for older models.
If you are using a 4-20ma input and want to upgrade to an intelligent positioners please check out the TZIDC Series
AV Series of Positioners
The AV series of positioners offers a number of cam operated units with different inputs to meet various needs
- High throughput capacity - up to 27scfm at 80psi air supply eliminates the need of boosters
- Characterizable output - large position cam contains field selectable linear, square & square root relationships
- High temperature solutions - the AV1 with high temperature option is suitable for 250deg F (121deg C)
- Accurate calibration - independent zero & span adjustment eliminates interaction and provide fast, accurate calibration.
- Rugged compact all metal design provides long life service
- Performance pilot valve option provides fast action to small set point changes
- Suitable for single acting or double acting applications
- Simplified design with field serviceable or replaceable components
- High supply pressure of up to 150psig
- Simplified Reverse operation
- Simplified Calibration - Independent Zero and Span Adjustment
- Elevated zero or Suppressed range - Up to 50% of zero or span possible
AV27 Electro - Pneumatic FM/CSA CL 1 DIV 1
- Standard AV1 with Explosion Proof I/P directly mounted
- FM/CSA Approvals
- Explosion-Proof for Class I Division 1 - Groups B, C, & D
- Dust-Ignition Proof for Class II Division I - Groups E, F
- G Suitable for Class III, Division I
- Intrinsically Safe for Class I, II, III Division 1 - Groups A, B, C,D, E, F, G When Used with an Approved Intrinsic Safety Barrier
- Non-Incendive for Class I, II, III, Division II Groups A, B, C, D, E, F, G