The RT-1004-Al series is a non-indicating design suited to
heating and cooling applications. The narrow throttling band
means that the RT-1004-A1 series is very sensitive to
temperature changes at the large sensing bulb. It is
particularly applicable where the storage capacity of medium to be heated is great while the heating surface is relatively
small. The extra large bellows develops power for more
positive action on higher pressure drops on valve sizes
above two inches.
Without need for external power, Robertshaw Self-Actuated Temperature Regulators (SATR) offer final control of the temperature of a liquid, an air space or flow, or gas flow for domestic, equipment, process, space, etc. on heating or cooling service.
The SATR sensing bulb is installed in the medium being controlled while the SATR valve is located on the supply line of the medium used as the heating (steam, hot water) or cooling (water, ethylene glycol, brine) agent. The SATR regulates the heating or cooling medium flow to maintain the desired temperature at the sensing bulb location. Robertshaw SATR are usually cataloged to detail the two-way direct acting (close on temperature rise) type valves for heating service. Two-way reverse-acting (open on temperature rise) and three-way valves are equally available for cooling service.
The Robertshaw SATR series offers a selection of: Throttling bands, Temperature Indication, Fail-safe to prevent overheating, Manual Positioning in addition to automatic control, Corrosive atmosphere resistant type, Small overall size and instantaneous beat exchanger service.
Most cataloged Robertshaw SATR specifications are starting points from which many alternates to cataloged capillary, sensing bulb, separable well and valve may be FURNISHED TO MEET YOUR SPECIFIC application's needs.
- Two-ply, seamless Robertshaw bellows used for long life
- Over-temperature protection is standard feature
- Chevron "Lifetime" stem packing made of Teflon* or EPT Rubber U-Cup for water service
- Quick-detach valve stem construction permits easy valve change
- Sturdy construction with cast iron frame
- Variety of sensing bulb forms and materials available
- Valves in wide range of sizes, action, styles, materials, etc. for many services
- All components manufactured by a single source