Model EURO 366 Vibration Switch
The Model EURO 366 VIBRASWITCH® is primarily intended for indoor and outdoor
hazardous and non-hazardous areas in those countries requiring ATEX and CE
certifications. The EURO 366 employs the same time proven switch design
found in Robertshaw's family of vibration switches.
The Model EURO 366 VIBRASWITCH® is a vibration sensitive device that protects rotating and reciprocating machinery from extensive damage due to mechanical malfunction. When the vibration level of a VIBRASWITCH® protected machine exceeds normal by a preselected amount, the normally open contacts of an internal switch close and the normally closed contacts open. This can be used to actuate either an audible warning system or a shutdown circuit before costly damage occurs Failing bearings, broken blades and similar malfunctions cause increased imbalance or high frequency vibration detectable with the VIBRASWITCH®.
It is designed for maintenance-free service in permanent installations. The VIBRASWITCH® is an acceleration sensitive instrument that measures the total acceleratory shock present on the machine. Acceleration is a vibration characteristic of prime importance in cases of mechanical failure on reciprocating or rotating machinery. Acceleration is directly related to the shock forces (impact) acting on a machine - thus the VIBRASWITCH® offers a valid measurement of the destructive forces acting on the machine. Accelerator measurements made by theVIBRASWITCH® are the summation of all of the individual accelerations giving a total destructive force acting on the machine - the result is positive protection.
Features & Benefits
- Flame Proof (Explosion Proof )
- EEx d IIC T6 IP65 T85°C - INERIS 02ATEX0043
- Self Powered
- Does not require any form of external power to operate.
- Acceleration Sensitive
- Measures total destructive shock, not displacement.
- Minimum Maintenance
- No moving parts except when set-point is exceeded.
- Continuous Protection
- No attention required after installation.
- Ease of Installation
- Requires no special training.
- Long Life
- Instrument is rugged and durable - no wearing parts.
- Manual at unit and choice of remote electrical.
- AC or DC
- Reset coil options.
- IP65 Enclosure
- For outdoor and indoor use.
Euro 366 Ordering Codes
[Switch Contacts Remote Reset Voltage]
[Enclosure Type Enclosure Finish]
[Enclosure Inlet Enclosure Outlet]
Example EURO 366-A8-H2-A-FX-X
- EURO 366 - Flame proof IP65 Vibraswitch
- Switch Contacts
- A - SPDT - Single pole, double throw load contacts
D - DPDT - 2 gang mounted SPDT load switches
- Remote Reset Voltage
- 0 - No reset coil
2 - 24 VDC, 0.5 amp
4 - 48 VDC, 0.2 amp
7 - 120 VDC, 0.14 amp
8 - 120 VAC, 0.3 amp, 50/60 Hz
9 - 240 VAC, 0.3 amp, 50/60 Hz
- Enclosure Type
- H - EFSRC (with manual reset) T cable 105 C (T amb + 55 C)
- Enclosure Finish
- 2 - Polyurethane painted olive drab (Tecnocolor RAL 6003)
- Switch Rating
- A - Use with Switch Contacts designation A only.
- 7 amp max, 460 VAC max, NI;
- 0.5 amp at 120 VDC;
- 1 amp at 48 VDC;
- 2 amp at 24 VDC
- 5 amp at 12 VDC
E - Use with Switch Contacts designation D only.
- 5 amp max, 250 VAC max, NI;
- 5 amp max at 30 VDC
H - Use with Switch Contacts designation D only.
- DPDT with IP67 protection (sealed) and gold plated contacts for low voltage/current circuits. Suitable for intrinsically safe applications.
- 0.1 amp max at 125, 250 VAC, RES.
- 0.1 amp max at 30 VDC, RES.
- 5.0 mA min at 6 VDC, RES.
- 2.0 mA min at 12 VDC, RES.
- 1.0 mA min at 24 VDC, RES.
- Enclosure Inlet
- F - 3/4" UNI plug (See notes 1 & 2)
- Enclosure Outlet
- X - 3/4" UNI plug (See notes 1 & 2)
- Space Heater (See note 3)
- F - 24 VDC, 2 watt
G - 48 VDC, 2 watt
H - 120 VAC, 2 watt
L - 120 VDC, 2 watt
M - 240 VAC, 2 watt
X - No space heater
- 3/4" UNI opening will also accept 3/4" NPT fittings.
- Plug may be discarded if not required.
- Space heaters are intended to prevent condensation in the enclosure where climate conditions require. Space heaters are not required in most applications